**Abstract submission is now closed**
All delegates are encouraged to submit an abstract to present their work at UK PlantSci 2015. Opportunities are available to present posters and short talks, including a Future generations session dedicated to talks by early career scientists:
Posters will be on display throughout the meeting and a designated poster session will be held on the evening of Tuesday 14th April. Posters should be no larger than 914mm wide x 1219mm high (3ft x 4 ft) portrait orientation.
A limited number of slots are available for short oral presentations. Speakers will be selected from abstracts, with preference given to work currently in press or published within the last year. Early career scientists selected to speak in the Future generations session will have the opportunity to win one of two prizes awarded for the best student or postdoc presentation.
Early career scientist prizes
The Future generations session will feature short talks from students and postdocs. Two prizes will be awarded for the best presentations:
• Best student talk – £200 cash prize plus 1 year’s free membership to the Society of Biology.
• Best postdoc talk – £200 cash prize plus 1 year’s free membership to the Society of Biology.
If you would like the chance to win one of these prizes, please ensure that you complete part 4 of the abstract submission form.
Abstracts must follow the guidelines below; those that do not will be rejected. An example abstract prepared in the correct format can be found on page 3 of the abstract submission form.
Abstracts MUST NOT:
- Contain a list of references or acknowledgements.
- Contain tables or graphics.
- Advertise a commercial product.
Abstracts must be prepared:
- In English using UK spelling/grammar conventions.
- Using Arial 11pt font and single line spacing.
Please use the following format:
- Title: Bold font, maximum 200 characters (including spaces).
- Authors: a complete list of authors’ full names separated by commas, with the presenting author listed first and indicated by an asterisk (*).
- Author’s affiliations should be indicated with numbered parentheses following each name.
- Email address of the presenting author.
- Postal addresses of all authors.
- Body: maximum 2,000 characters (including spaces). Text alignment should be justified.
Poster topic: Please indicate on the submission form which of the following topics you would like your abstract listed under in the conference booklet:
- Plants and agriculture
- Trees and forests
- Roots, soil, nutrients and water
- Ecology, environment and biodiversity
- Bioenergy and bioproducts
- Developmental biology
- Systems biology and bioinformatics
- Genetics, genomics and epigenetics
- Biochemistry, metabolism and signal transduction
- Plant protection and defence
- Tools and resources
- Education, policy and outreach
Please note that acceptance of all abstracts is subject to registration for the meeting and payment of the registration fee by 31st March 2015. To register, please follow the guidelines provided on the registration page.